Cheongsams are extremely flattering, elegant and sophisticated, it’s not surprising that many Hollywood celebrities choose to wear the look. Here are five of our favorites – let us know if you agree!
1. Sienna Miller in Prada - We love how Miller wore this Prada runway look at the New York Film Festival in 2016. The turquoise and black feathered sleeves and hem details really bring the cheongsam inspired look to a whole new level.
2. Taylor Swift in Zuhair Murad - Taylor Swift looked absolutely stunning in a nude sparkly modern qipao gown at the 2012 Grammy Awards. The daring bare-back look instantly modernizes the Cheongsam look. The cap sleeves look great on her as well.
3. Karolina Kurkova in Tommy Hilfiger - The supermodel looked absolutely breathtaking in this daring red look at the Met Ball in 2015. We love how the drama is played on her sleeves whilst the short dress really shows off her long legs. In Chinese culture, red and gold are typically colors worn at weddings but Kurkova was able to pull it off well.
4. Margot Robbie in Gucci – Blonde beauty Robbie wore a stunning Gucci silk embroidered cheongsam at the Hollywood premiere of ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ in June 2016. The thigh-high slit on one side really shows off her legs whilst the mink pink cuffs really help add color to the total look
5. Jessica Chastain in Antonio Berardi – Chastain chose to wear a stunning beaded white cheongsam gown at the 2015 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards. We love the cut-out design which gives the look an edge and her choice of wearing a bright fuchsia pink lipstick to match.
There are different ways you can choose to wear your cheongsam. Why not customize your very own design with us that not only flatters your body but also ensures you stand out among the crowd.